A Finger Food for the Meeting of Texas and Italy



Heide has come to GiglioCooking last week for the second time.
She has been - as she usually is - very nice to me. She wanted to bring me something peculiar from her home State, Texas. She surprised me with something I hadn't heard before: Jam of Bacon.
Besides she brought me the traditional nuts: the pecans.
At the beginning I stared at the jar without knowing what to do with it: this was was completely new for me. 
Then, as Heide loves Italy and she comes over often, I thought that I should  make up something that would have matched Italy and Texas, something meaningful, besides tasteful.
Thus.... Parmigiano Reggiano is the "king of the cheeses" Italy is renowed for.
The Bacon Jam represents one of the traditional foods of USA.
Then the  tasty and healthy pecans would have added a pleasant crispiness.



Ingredients:
Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
Bacon jam
Pecans
Salad

Distribute little hills of grated Parmgiano Reggiano on a silicon sheet. Put then in a pre-heated oven at 400 F for about 3 minutes. You will see the cheese melting and the "hills" collapsing, while creating little flat discs. 
Cooking down, the little rounds will become firm and  crispy.
Remove them from the silicon sheet with care and place on a tray.
Display on each of them a very little amount of Bacon Jam. Quantities are the "key": not always more is better. You have to balance the fina flavor so that no one of these two strong tastes is overpowering. At this point, I mean finding the equilibrium of tastes, you have done the most.
Decorate with a green little leaf, place a wedge of pecan upon. ENJOY!

THANK YOU HEIDE SHANDA!

Comments