We Have to Deal with Ourselves......

......also when we cook.

Leila and Ben are attending the monthly course this October.

Leila is a Costarican from USA and Ben is a French from USA

Girl and boy, different, as any of us is, but with a common aptitude: aptitude to happiness. 



They have both a special rational fatalism that puts them in the mood of trusting waiting of what might come. 
With a moment! I said "rational fatalism": it means that they had done a previous research of their actual "now" (without putting themselves throughout  a blind destiny) so that they can be now relaxed about expectation.



They have a lot of "learning fun" together: they listen, they read, they talk, they chop vegetables, they fold egg whites, they create, they add there own "twist" to recipes (what about a star anis in the hare stock? or spreading minced parsley almost everywhere? ), they eat a lot and they season their dishes with a lot of  laughs.






Yesterday Leila asked me: 
"Why is that my dough is so taugh and Ben's is so soft?"
My answer was:
"When I was teaching in a big institute, the classes where made by 18 students, each of them on their own station, watching me at the mirror over my head while demonstrating what and how to do. Before the lesson I had to prepare all the ingredients for each of them, often weighed with a scale and put them on their desk. At the of the lesson I had 18 different results."
She replied:
"So now... what do we do with these two diferent doughs?"
"See Leila,we have to deal with ourselves with any aspect of life. Your dough will tell you what to do with it as you will stretch it"
"Yes, I can see that" she said.

Strange enough I had a conversation about "CONSISTENCY" with other clients the same day. My personal conclusion was that, as an Italian, I dare to say that "consistent" - with the meaning given to it is USA, that is as "homogeneus" -expecially with foods and restaurants, doesn't exist.

Ben & Leila, I will be waiting for 
your next hilarious recipes!

Comments