The friendship has got to the major age

YES! 18 years ago!


It is when I met Pete Snaith in Florence.

I was “officially” his instructor in cooking classes. T

The real fact is that this amazing guy has a big passion for  this job and with all what turns around food as he was staying  all day at the institute where I was teaching. With the excuse of helping and learning, he was in reality giving us several gifts. 
He is one of the few persons I have met who deeply understands the reality and the truth of FOOD. 
These words may appear a little strange and seem to have the presumption to teach philosophy. Actually what  FOOD does is to teach, to allow people to talk with IT and understand millions of truths behind its production, value, culture. 

This is what Pete and I feel and  share.

Some years later, Pete made so  his life long friend Steve – better known as Stefano – and I would meet.
It happened in Florence again, in the central Piazza della Repubblica, in front of a cappuccino in the 277 years old Gilli Bar. It was July 2012 and I had started my own cooking school three year before.
I met also his lovely wife Kathy and other members of the family. 

We all decided to go see my brand new school, GiglioCooking. 

At a certain point Stefano asked me: 

- Has this name anything to do with the Island of Giglio?”.

I do not know how many times my face changed color. 

Foreigners usually do not know this little jewel of the Mediterranean and the fact that he was mentioned it appeared to me like a sign. 
The more we were talking the more the sign became bigger, as he told that Giglio was the part of Italy he new better: his parents went there in honey moon and he has been there several times. 
Even more: he loves Giglio and he thinks it is one of the most beautiful places on earth

This was the famous “drop” that took us to the decision to collaborate: we had the same vision on more than one point.

Pete and Steve: THANK YOU for having come to Italy; THANK YOU for having met me; THANK YOU for the wisdom you put at the service of your knowledge.





Comments